The 4-5 piece French wardrobe #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
^I find that synthetics can insulate better in some cases. I hate static and getting shocked all the time because of it. Thats a big reason why I shun synthetics. I haven't had any issues with my COS coat, and I think it has 20% polyamide or something like that. I do get some static when I layer my blazer (30% synthetics) and my coat though.

Fleece is 100% polyester (I have some from Patagonia that's recycled from plastic bottles), and it's warm. I have issues with a lot of polyester because it's made from petroleum. But I also think it affects the look of the fabric. MaxMara's coat fabrics look so luxurious ... and I'm pretty sure it's not due to heavy polyester content :wink:

I came here to mention that Yoox has 25% off a lot of items ... but it's still not enough for me :wink: The items I have in my dream box are pretty pricey. I suspect that Yoox buys at a discount and then marks back up. I think sometimes the re-markup takes the merchandise close to the original full price ...

Also pinned some Breton sweaters and oxfords on my recommendations for you board.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Melisande for your suggestion!

Yes, synthetics aren't bad always, but I find it difficult to judge when it's a good addition. A lot depends on how the fabric feels I think.

Are there some people over here who have white jeans? How do you keep them clean? I don't have any white trousers, because I'm scared as hell they get dirty and stains can't be removed easily. How do you cope with this problem? Buying cheap jeans and just wear them for one year for example?

In my experience jeans don't get stained. That might be because I wear grey jeans though...:innocent:

It's important to understand that ketchup, mustard, jam, chutney, chili, etc. are magnetized to white.

:rofl::lol::lol::lol:
I guess that (for now) no-one owns white trousers/jeans, so that's already an answer in itself. :Pink:

PS Also forgot to mention that wearing white jeans or trousers is like handing X-ray glasses and an engraved invitation to every person you meet :wink:

Waiting for some serious TFS people to come by. :innocent: :D

I have white trousers/jeans/smth in between. :angel: Don't have any problems with those, just washing them as any other light garment. They are skinny fit with zips, so they don't get stained at the bottom (wiping the floor with white trousers isn't really an option) but I do consider myself pretty careful. Mostly I have to wash them after 3-4 wears I suppose. I prefer to create an all-white outfit eith them, combining the trousers with a slightly oversized shirt.

Regarding winter coats, I prefer those with at least 75 % of wool. Otherwise I would just freeze, I don't find sinthetic to be particularly warm (fleece, dry-fit and other hi-tech materials are exceptional and a bit different too).

I am so pleased with my new bag! :woot: Receive it after just a couple of days after placing my order and it's so elegant and delicate. Also the size is just right to carry all the necessities. So I currently have a black Alexa, taupe Kurt Geiger and light grey Warehouse bag to rotate. I left some at home, but don't wear them regularly anyway. Maybe I should wear a bright red bag/clutch more often, and I also have one smaller Zara bag in nude. That one goes really well with Sam Edelman sandals. Oh, and I have a sporty CK shopping bag, very practical but nothing pretty.

Please suggest me some light to medium grey s/s T-shirts with a crew or V-neck. Nothing too pricey as I don't want to spend ridiculous amount for a basic tee. Also it has to be longer fit. :doh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Love the white jeans talk :lol:

I would say that my jeans rarely get stained, but it happens. When I am wearing a light skirt or light pants I am a bit more careful - especially in regards of what I eat, in correlance to Ta-tas advice :D Also I will place a napkin in my lap when eating.

I stained my light blue boyfriend jeans with a pen once - I had no problem getting the stain of when washing them. I guess if you buy cotton jeans, you can use most stain removers with somewhat succes.

That being said, I would never buy anything too expensive in white.

Someone I know got her wedding dress online for less than $100 ... have only seen pix, but it looks pretty good. There will be no wedding guests, only a photographer and an officiant ...

Not even that, I am sure of :lol:

gimme-five-smiley-emoticon.gif

Someone I know got her wedding dress online for less than $100 ... have only seen pix, but it looks pretty good. There will be no wedding guests, only a photographer and an officiant ...

I would consider that solution as well. Generally I am not so keen on spending a lot of money on something I will only wear once. My dream is to find a vintage dress - gorgeous and preferably not too expensive, but lets see how easy that'll be :wink:

If I get married, I plan to spend money on what I wear ... but also to make sure it's something I can (and will) wear again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annetbef
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->