The 4-5 piece French wardrobe #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
eizhowa: fantastic purchase. That eyelet blouse is lovely perfect for summer.

Thank you! I am really pleased with it :smile:

So I was clearing out my sisters closet and I found a pair of old Forte_Forte trousers that I had given to her a few years back. They were a perfect shade of rust :smile:heart::heart::heart:), a wool and viscose mix and surprisingly flattering. They just need to be hemmed (and steamed...)and they will be a pair of lovely casual trousers:heart: I had a rust shirt on my wishlist, but if I can get these ones sorted, then I can infuse some rust into my wardrobe without buying anything new :D I have accumulated a decent amount of white shirts/blouses that will all work with the trousers.

Thank God I give all my clothes to my sister instead of Goodwill and that my sister is a hoarder:innocent:

Last edited by a moderator:
@Thx, Nymphaea! Please let me know how you like the sandals - I have been considering them as well.
I've tried them and they look just like as in the pic, really nice suede. I like the frontal view, but not the side view. Maybe that's why there isn't an side view at NAP? Maybe the proportions are better/nicer when you have small(er) feet, I'm IT 39,5. So unfortunately not for me.

Great find in the closet of your sister eizhowa! So she actually manages you're spare closet. :P

I've tried them and they look just like as in the pic, really nice suede. I like the frontal view, but not the side view. Maybe that's why there isn't an side view at NAP? Maybe the proportions are better/nicer when you have small(er) feet, I'm IT 39,5. So unfortunately not for me.

Great find in the closet of your sister eizhowa! So she actually manages you're spare closet. :P

Thats a real shame. What didn't you like about the side view? My usual issue with mules is that I feel like they cut my feet in a very unflattering way (too close to the ancle), but since the strap on these ones are way slimmer than what I've tried so far, I thought they would be better. Maybe no?

@Eizhowa: it feels so great when you are able to vamp up your wardrobe without shopping. Congrats!

Hubby and I are planning a trip to Paris during Fall. Also I will go to Oslo with a friend for a few days. If anyone have any shopping related advice it will be greatly appreciated :smile: so far I've noted that I have to visit Colette's when in Paris, since they are closing at the end of the year. Also, I believe they have Uniqlo, so I am thinking I might stock up on a few basic sweaters.

Beforehand I was thinking exactly the same, but you see a little toe area and a very large ankle/rest of the foot part. It wasn't very elegant looking, also the heel seemed a bit small (the width) from the side.

Paris is lovely! I wasn't that impessed by Colette, it's rather small, busy and not many interesting items. I like L'eclaireur, also Le Bon Marché. I always visit Galeries Lafayette and Printemps. They've got at least 2 Uniqlo stores I believe.

Beforehand I was thinking exactly the same, but you see a little toe area and a very large ankle/rest of the foot part. It wasn't very elegant looking, also the heel seemed a bit small (the width) from the side.

Paris is lovely! I wasn't that impessed by Colette, it's rather small, busy and not many interesting items. I like L'eclaireur, also Le Bon Marché. I always visit Galeries Lafayette and Printemps. They've got at least 2 Uniqlo stores I believe.

Ah, I see. Doesn't sound like anything for me neither. Also, I think that I would find them a bit uncomfortable with only the small strap to keep them on the foot.

Thank you for your suggestions, I will write them down. I have no clue whether Colette is good, but I was thinking they might have some reductions since they will close about a month after we go there.

^ Check out the Paris shopping thread ... and I would think you should also check out the flea markets, being a champion thrifter? :wink:

Thats a real shame. What didn't you like about the side view? My usual issue with mules is that I feel like they cut my feet in a very unflattering way (too close to the ancle), but since the strap on these ones are way slimmer than what I've tried so far, I thought they would be better. Maybe no?

@Eizhowa: it feels so great when you are able to vamp up your wardrobe without shopping. Congrats!

Hubby and I are planning a trip to Paris during Fall. Also I will go to Oslo with a friend for a few days. If anyone have any shopping related advice it will be greatly appreciated :smile: so far I've noted that I have to visit Colette's when in Paris, since they are closing at the end of the year. Also, I believe they have Uniqlo, so I am thinking I might stock up on a few basic sweaters.

Sorry, the only thing I know about Oslo is where they filmed Skam.

@Ta-ta: I am definetely up for any thrift store/market recommendations :wink:

@Eizhowa: :lol: unfortunately, the friend I am going with haven't watched SKAM ( :huh: ) - otherwise, I would go full-on fangirl :wink:

I've noticed that only one piece of clothing I have bought for Spring/Summer is black, something must be wrong with me. :o That is not including my new black sandals, I was looking for a simple pair like this for years. Found them on Yoox, on double sale. ^_^
I am very into nude/blush and blue (baby & navy) lately. I have bought this skirt for a wedding I am attending this Summer and hope it will fit great, because I absolutely love it. I am planning to wear it with black V-neck silk cami, which I haven't found for a couple of years now, so I am starting to think I should have it custom made ... I would appreciate any suggestions. :flower:

thereformation, missguided, yoox

Attachments

• 20045364_10209273514616475_8669442664885807385_o.jpg
    20045364_10209273514616475_8669442664885807385_o.jpg
    264.9 KB · Views: 0
  • premium-pink-crochet-lace-full-midi-skirt.jpg
    premium-pink-crochet-lace-full-midi-skirt.jpg
    332.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 11225903jx_14_f.jpg
    11225903jx_14_f.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 0
That is a very pretty skirt, Jina!

Perhaps it would be easier to buy a black silk cami and have it altered?

That's the thing, I have a constant feeling that such classic items are the hardest to find. :doh: I could buy some black satin (I have been told that 80 cm would be enough for a camisole my size) and go to the great seamstress I know. But that would be the last option, since it is quite a hassle for me ATM.

I did find a "good enough" top, actually the only thing that is holding me back is that the silk looks paper thin to me. What do you ladies think? If you check it in Gold shade, it is quite sheer and I want a more compact and thicker satin.

https://www.anthropologie.com/en-gb/shop/britt-silk-v-neck-cami/?color=001&size=XS

Also I don't have any experience with Anthropologie whatsoever (didn't even know they ship here, that has to be a miracle :lol:), so I can't tell anything about the quality.

Any help will be much appreciated! :flower:

That's the thing, I have a constant feeling that such classic items are the hardest to find. :doh: I could buy some black satin (I have been told that 80 cm would be enough for a camisole my size) and go to the great seamstress I know. But that would be the last option, since it is quite a hassle for me ATM.

I did find a "good enough" top, actually the only thing that is holding me back is that the silk looks paper thin to me. What do you ladies think? If you check it in Gold shade, it is quite sheer and I want a more compact and thicker satin.

https://www.anthropologie.com/en-gb/shop/britt-silk-v-neck-cami/?color=001&size=XS

Also I don't have any experience with Anthropologie whatsoever (didn't even know they ship here, that has to be a miracle :lol:), so I can't tell anything about the quality.

Any help will be much appreciated! :flower:

I sooo know that feeling..

I don't think the anthropologie cami looks like it is a very thin silk quality. I do not have any personal experience with their items though.

IKR. :unsure: Thanks for your input, I am seriously considering it. :flower: I might wait for a discount code though, it's a travesty I am paying full price for items during sales. :P

Since you've been looking for years, I would go for it :wink: Anthropologie is just a store, the merchandise is made by many different labels. In general I think the quality is fine for the price point, which tends to be mid-range. Because of the many different labels, it varies.

IKR. :unsure: Thanks for your input, I am seriously considering it. :flower: I might wait for a discount code though, it's a travesty I am paying full price for items during sales. :P

I found a black silk cami here. It looked nice so I thought I would share. Not sure buying from outside the EU is something you want or not.

So, I've been looking for a pair of vintage(-look) Levi's jeans for the past year or so and had pretty much given up, thinking their fit just did not work for my bodytype, but today I found a perfect pair. I just need them one size smaller than what they had in store. I've found them online, but the length is a 32", and the ones I tried in store was 28" (which seemed like a good length). Do you think I can just get them hemmed and I will be good to go, or will the dimensions be weird somehow?

^ It's pretty, but unfortunately it's not silk. :(

Well now I feel folish. I was looking at a video on Youtube about wardrobe basics, and the woman said a "black silk cami" was a basic for her, and she showed the Aritzia one. I guess she couldn't find a black silk cami either seeing as she had to show a non-silk one for her example!:rolleyes:

I have no clue about the jeans, Betina. If they are slightly tapered they can look weird. I always have to chop of 5-10 cm of skinny jeans and they never look right afterwards because of the (more dramatic) tapering. Can the store not order a 28 leg in your size?

Well now I feel folish. I was looking at a video on Youtube about wardrobe basics, and the woman said a "black silk cami" was a basic for her, and she showed the Aritzia one. I guess she couldn't find a black silk cami either seeing as she had to show a non-silk one for her example!:rolleyes:

I have no clue about the jeans, Betina. If they are slightly tapered they can look weird. I always have to chop of 5-10 cm of skinny jeans and they never look right afterwards because of the (more dramatic) tapering. Can the store not order a 28 leg in your size?

I know quite a few people who call anything satin "silk" no matter the material. Maybe that is the case?

She didn't offer so I supposed that was not an option. Also, they are almost 50% off online. They are skinny so maybe it will be different? I suppose I could try ordering them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theaucourant
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->