Celebrity Houses #2

Gwyneth's house is pretty glam, no surprise. Obsessed with the dining room - the wallpaper, especially. The bathroom/spa also is so decadent. Love.

Kim's landscaping is also quite good.

Reactions: KoV
^ lol 'this Spanish misión style', that's hacienda style (I was like, how can you be an angeleno and not know that? but looked him up and he's from up north.. that explains). And the "panic room" simply means your previous owners were cartel members, duh... :lol:

The original house looks like it may have been nicer than with the changes they've made. It looks so much like my friend's country house in Argentina :heart:.. these houses are life-saviors during extreme temperatures, everything's built so you remain fresh inside. Also, a walled bathroom garden is one of my ambitions for when I build my house, that and an outdoors shower.
Some of the elements in this house are bit too "decorated," but, yes...I, too, absolutely loooooove these kinds of hacienda houses. They're perfect...so livable...a perfect mix of cozy, comfortable and a sort of decadent glamour. Would absolutely love to live in a home like that one day...and man, are they built to last, too.

Kim’s house is too spare for my taste, but I do appreciate the scale of it all. Living the life she does, I can understand the appeal of a visual blank slate at home. The scrapbooks and trunk of childhood paraphernalia are cute. I like the little hillside edible garden for the kids, too.

Gwyneth’s spa is easily one of my favorite things I’ve ever seen in a celebrity’s house. I know everyone is making fun of her over this tour, as usual, but I loved it.

Gwyneth’s spa is easily one of my favorite things I’ve ever seen in a celebrity’s house. I know everyone is making fun of her over this tour, as usual, but I loved it.
I think those who make fun of Gwyneth don't really understand her persona. I don't think they realize that she's aware of who she portrays herself and her brand as.

At least, that's the impression I get from her - that she knows she's being silly and over the top. It's a subtle sense of humor that, as I'm saying, I think gets lost on most people - who mistake it as out of touch and tone deaf.

Her taste level is high enough - as displayed in her home, her acting choices and in her style over the years - that she is able to sort of dip her toe in the ridiculousness knowingly.

Reactions: KoV
I think those who make fun of Gwyneth don't really understand her persona. I don't think they realize that she's aware of who she portrays herself and her brand as.

At least, that's the impression I get from her - that she knows she's being silly and over the top. It's a subtle sense of humor that, as I'm saying, I think gets lost on most people - who mistake it as out of touch and tone deaf.

Her taste level is high enough - as displayed in her home, her acting choices and in her style over the years - that she is able to sort of dip her toe in the ridiculousness knowingly.

I agree, I think she's in on the joke. Not that her entire persona is a joke, but she knowingly plays into the criticism both because she doesn't actually mind/ likely finds it amusing if she's thought of as out of touch and because it only fuels her business, which caters to people who themselves would love to be seen as out of touch with the masses. Probably 95% of what she sells with her brand (in terms of wellness practices and actual products) are perfectly fine but she throws in a ridiculous vagina scented candle or something every now and again to stir the pot and it always works - her business is doing far better than I'm sure anyone predicted. She's practically the blueprint for celebrity and influencer "lifestyle brands" at this point.

Saw the font she chose for the “cascade ranch” sign by her front door and I immediately knew I didn’t need to see any more.

ROFL you mean "Casa del French?"

So true tho...that font is cursed.

Lol does it really say “casa del French”? Cascade Ranch is a hell of a lot cooler, but either way, I’ve got an undiagnosed learning disability or that font is just hard to read with a glance.

^^Casa DE French...I added an L on accident hahaha maybe I'm dyslexic, too...

I have no idea why that Pinterest font is so popular...it is so ugly.

Kacey Musgrave's house in Nashville. Sort of feels like she was inspired by Kim & Kanye's Axel Vervoordt house and by Leanne Ford, but with more tchotchkes and stuff.

architecturaldigest.com

I like Travis’ house. I mean it’s nothing exciting, but it looks comfortable and the renovation has certainly elevated it beyond 95% of its Calabasas “Spanish style” McMansion peers.

Lately I find Rick so unsettling I can’t even bear to watch that video. Is his house normal? :shock:

^^^ The skull and sarcophagus decor are tropes. Otherwise— very understated, minimalist brand of grandeur: Sunny, light, open and calming. The space is beautiful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ross640
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->