The 4-5 piece French wardrobe #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
^Very true. One of the women at the nicest law office in my town wore Acne Pistol boots with her skirt:lol: If I plan several years ahead, it usually has to do with choosing not to buy something. Example, I don't want to buy a Burberry trench right now, because I want a length/style that I can wear to work in the future, but I have no clue what I will be doing in two + years...

I think Maybe the 1ppm system might prevent me from planning too far ahead. It is so easy for me to plan a season and then buy everything that month otherwise:innocent: guess what, I can't go 3-6 months without falling in love with something new.

It works for me to shop and buy in clumps, but I realize what works for me may not work for everyone :wink:

I probably think more about the future when buying shoes now than anything else. High heels are unlikely to be more useful to me in the future than they are now, and now I mostly wear them for going out ...

PS I've realized there's a bit of a hole in my wardrobe when it comes to something nice for going out when it's cold! I have plenty of things to wear for nicer weather ... something to think about for next fall.

Also, one of the snaps has fallen off my Patagonia jacket. I am returning it for repair, but I have to find something suitable to send it in ...

It works for me to shop and buy in clumps, but I realize what works for me may not work for everyone :wink:

I really admire your ability to do this:flower:

--

I ordered a couple of basic tees yesterday. I really feel like having a lot of basics and a few key items makes my wardrobe function the best. The stuff in my wardrobe that get no use are the smart casual/dressy tops...

I received my Pomandere blazer today, as well as a & Other Stories chunky cotton knit sweater I bought for nothing on Ebay. I sort of promised myself I wouldn't shop on Ebay because of the no-returns policy, but I just couldn't help myself. (I need to stop this or I should move to the secret shopaholics thread asap...) It looked really good on. I will try to snap some pictures of my purchases when the sun is out tomorrow.. The blazer looks promising, but I haven't had the chance to try it on before a mirror yet.

Melisande, ever since you mentioned fishnets I have been on the hunt for fishnet socks to wear with my ballet flats and jeans:smile: I haven't found any yet (except on Ebay shipped from China) though.

^ Fishnets seem to almost always come full-length (tights), though I think I have seen socks before ... they do create texture that can be visible under clothes.

Eizhowa I'm so glad you're excited about fishnets! The other day to the Musee d'Orsay I wore fishnets with my black ballet flats too, under-knee black flared skirt, big bow belt, antique hand-embroidered Romanian blouse and Alexander McQueen embroidered and fringed pouchette. Got some compliments from strangers :flower:

It's true, as ta-ta says I've never seen fishnet socks though...and I love your description of swooning at the little things...:heart: I do too.

Personally, I'm always on the lookout for wide-gauge fishnets...I don't like the regular/fine mesh ones as much...let me know if anyone finds any!

Fewormany congrats and looking forward to your Dries!!

Trenchcoat, that's a chic capsule wardrobe. Where is the s/s black tee from? It's got a nice shape. :flower:

Betina the Missoni hairband is gorgeous. My sister so needs one in her wardrobe...

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my gosh I just tried my blazer with all my clothes. I LOVE IT:heart::buzz: All clothes should feel this great. The khaki/dark camel color just looks so nice in real life! It is not a common color either. It looks so cool worn with burgundy accents. It really pulls my wardrobe toghether. The jacket is quite long, it is as long as my torso, and it is a very straight cut, but is is still very flattering and it doesn't make me look shapeless or short at all. Maybe it is a magical jacket:magic: The button is placed quite low, so it looks more casual and chic and not business-like at all. The texture is really nice and the woven material makes it quite stretchy, despite being 100% wool. The fabric is thick and comfortable and it drapes really well. It is more like a short summer coat than a blazer. I am very impressed with it. Definitly worth the price. I am so happy right now:D

Best of all, it does not attract cat hair!:woot:

Shame it doesn't come in black as well...and grey...:innocent:

Melisande, I finally tracked down some fishnet socks on Asos:smile: Your outfit sounds lovely, very feminine and individual (in a good way, not the fashion-victim-blogger-individual way)!

Aww, thanks Eizhowa :blush:

And congratulations on your magical jacket!! Wishing the happy couple a long and happy life together:wink:. It does sound great, esp. the low button and casual but chic look. I used to have a linen blazer like that and I wore the hell out of it, I used to like rolling up the sleeves and wearing many bangles. A jacket like that, you could just throw on and look pulled together.

Oh my gosh I just tried my blazer with all my clothes. I LOVE IT:heart::buzz: All clothes should feel this great. The khaki/dark camel color just looks so nice in real life! It is not a common color either. It looks so cool worn with burgundy accents. It really pulls my wardrobe toghether. The jacket is quite long, it is as long as my torso, and it is a very straight cut, but is is still very flattering and it doesn't make me look shapeless or short at all. Maybe it is a magical jacket:magic: The button is placed quite low, so it looks more casual and chic and not business-like at all. The texture is really nice and the woven material makes it quite stretchy, despite being 100% wool. The fabric is thick and comfortable and it drapes really well. It is more like a short summer coat than a blazer. I am very impressed with it. Definitly worth the price. I am so happy right now:D

Best of all, it does not attract cat hair!:woot:

Shame it doesn't come in black as well...and grey...:innocent:

Melisande, I finally tracked down some fishnet socks on Asos:smile: Your outfit sounds lovely, very feminine and individual (in a good way, not the fashion-victim-blogger-individual way)!

A magical jacket, yay :wink: I sure do hate ending up with items that are lint rollers to the universe :innocent: So it's good this isn't. I think those items are pretty much always black though ...

I bet that these blazers will come in handy for work later on, business-like or no :wink: I was thinking you would probably love the functional button pockets ...

I think this was a Yoox success story, yes?

I just noticed my emerald green dress has arrived there in a different size for several times what I paid :P

Your jacket sounds great eizhowa, everyone needs a little magic in their wardrobe. ^_^

As for the wardrobe building approach. I don't have a set strategy when it comes down to purchasing new items. Last season I had 8 main purchases (1 coat, 2 sweaters, 2 shirts, 1 scarf, 2 pairs of jeans and 1 pair of trousers). I don't count t-shirts because I don't spend that much money on them and small accessories don't count either. One season I end up needing (or wanting :rolleyes: ) more than another, and I find it too limiting to restrict myself to one item a month even though it usually ends up that way. It would feel pointless to let something go that is a great offer just because I already bought something that month. For me it's all about balance, as long as I don't go overboard I'm not that strict.

For me having a color palet and direction I want to go with my wardrobe has done so much more then paying attention to the number of items I buy. My wardrobe was always somewhat cohesive but now the items are of better quality and pretty much everything goes together. The earlier mentioned neutrals play a role in this, but for me neutrals are the foundation to wear colors I really like. My favorite colors are green, orange and yellow and building a wardrobe out of those would be interesting, but hysteric. :lol: So make sure I have a good foundation of pieces in neutrals I like (grey, navy, white, some beige) to make the few colored pieces stand out.

To me it isn't about building a perfect classic/timeless wardrobe, but building a wardrobe that reflects me as a person. And as I change so does my wardrobe. For me a wardrobe must reflect ones personalty above all. You can have a wardrobe filled with pieces that are considered timeless but if there is no personality in it, it will end up looking flat in my opinion. Personality can't be bought. :wink:

To me it isn't about building a perfect classic/timeless wardrobe, but building a wardrobe that reflects me as a person. And as I change so does my wardrobe. For me a wardrobe must reflect ones personalty above all. You can have a wardrobe filled with pieces that are considered timeless but if there is no personality in it, it will end up looking flat in my opinion. Personality can't be bought. :wink:

Absolutely. :flower: And such a wardrobe is the only one that's timeless because who you are is timeless, style is timeless.

A wardrobe "considered timeless" in contrast, not only looks flat but risks going dated because "classic" clothes often date themselves in their cut and fabric etc. Which is totally fine, but just something to consider when building a wardrobe long-term.

Personally, I'm always on the lookout for wide-gauge fishnets...I don't like the regular/fine mesh ones as much...let me know if anyone finds any!

You'll find them in C&A. They have wide and small gauge and they cost 5€ (you can check on their website). I'm not sure about the quality though.

Agree with you about personality, fewormany :wink: Maybe that's why it bugs me so much to see a woman in something like white jeans and Chanel flats, everything looking untouched (I'm thinking of a woman I actually saw once while out shopping) ... perhaps it's because it seems there's nothing of herself in it ... that she has been erased in a quest for the perfect image.

Trenchcoat, I pinned the navy Vanessa Bruno dress you loved on your rec board. They have it at yoox, see here. :flower:

Yoox has styled absolutely hideously though:doh:

You guys are so right about personal style, of course:wink: The numerous lists of "10 items every woman must own" really annoys me. I do enjoy seeing what other peoples personal top 10 items/categories are though.

I wore my jacket today. My longtime bestfriend didn't notice it was new until I pointed it out:rolleyes: She was sure I'd worn it for years... I guess it was a very "me" item:lol:

Ta-ta, it is definitly a yoox success story:D

I do enjoy seeing what other peoples personal top 10 items/categories are though.

Me too, it's a personal style focused in a few select items. I'm wondering what my 10 items would be, some food for thought. :wink:

^ I was just thinking, it would be the perfect thread :wink: "Your personal top 10 must-have wardrobe items" ... or something like that.

You'll find them in C&A. They have wide and small gauge and they cost 5€ (you can check on their website). I'm not sure about the quality though.

O.M.G. :woot::woot: THANK YOU Laces !!!! :heart::heart:
Total karma. I'm running not walking to C&A. I got similar Wolford ones but they are pricey and still very fragile, so I want backups.

Ta-ta, that's a great idea for a thread. :flower:

Phew, lots to catch up on in this thread!
Another lovely Lanvin-purchase fashionista-ta. :heart:
Love the blazer eizhowa, it looks like a great addition to your wardrobe!

I've been really busy lately, and I haven't had a lot of time thinking about clothes. I haven't bought anything at all the past month, and while I want to get my focus back on the things I had planned for spring I also feel a bit of a clothing crisis coming on as I just booked a trip to visit family in Florida next month. I think I've mentioned before that my summer wardrobe is lacking quite a bit, and what I do have is mostly suited for Norwegian summers, definitely not tropical weather. I have no dresses or skirts that I feel comfortable wearing (that are climate appropriate). That was something I planned on looking for this season, but it's still too early to find anything in stores here. So far my packing list consists of swimsuits, jeans and button down shirts! :lol: Not really sure what to do...I don't want to panic and end up buying lots of things that I don't really love, and I also don't want to be shopping too much before I leave since I plan on doing a bit of that while on vacation...

If you have any suggestions for nice summer dresses or skirts please let me know! I'm looking for something fairly casual, I think...

^ I would just plan on buying what you really need when you get there ... not sure where you'll be, but there is great shopping in Bal Harbour for sure, and probably a lot of places. And thank you :flower:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Valkirius
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->