Trends You Are Sick Of #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rock Couture

Reaction score
Moderator's Note:

* In order to improve site performance, long threads that are draining our loading time will be closed and we are going to be periodically starting new threads. This should help pages load faster.
* Please remember that not everyone is on a fast connection, or has a large screen, and keep your picture sizes to 800 pixels or less in the largest dimension. This will also help with page load speed.
* Please refrain from posting the same images as contained in the archived threads (eg in the old closed thread).
* Please remember to stay on topic... All off topic discussion will be removed.
* Please do not power post eg make empty posts with no Info/questions/Images - Empty posts cause threads to grow rapidly and is a nuisance to those who subscribe to many threads. Please take any private conversations to PMs or Profile Comments.
* The old thread can be viewed here

Anything Coach (especially matching bag & headband/shoes/trainers).
Leggings as pants... they're called leggings for a reason!
Excessive use of accesories (alright, this isn't a trend per se, but i hate it when they wear like 5 bracelets, long necklaces,hat and just a bunch of clashing accesories... ugh)
And well, obviously sweatpants paired with uggs or any ugly type of plastic rain boot.

Last edited by a moderator:
the whole 'I'm a rich kid, but I'm gonna pretend to be a hippie and not wash for 2 months!!'

:yuk: I love the hippie look, but only if you live it. I'm sick of seeing Mischa Barton and the like trying to be 'indie'...

statement shirts
leggins
fringe anything
plaid shorts
capri pants/cropped pants.

the whole 'I'm a rich kid, but I'm gonna pretend to be a hippie and not wash for 2 months!!'

:yuk: I love the hippie look, but only if you live it. I'm sick of seeing Mischa Barton and the like trying to be 'indie'...

THIS

I really have no problem with the hippie, maybe chic appeal as long as the attitude and lifestyle matches. Not to say rich = higher end scale designers, etc but it's a joke seeing rather well off people in rags for the purpose of looking 'unique', more so if your paying big bucks for those seemly looking "I just got out of bed" style. Why pay so much money for a designer piece and make it look like your a hobo? I just don't see the logic...

... But on the end of spectrum, many people, including myself shop at such such retailers like H&M and Zara for more of the 'fashionable' items at a much lower coast. I guess my problem lies between the fact that people *cough MKA cough*, pay huge amount of money for clothing and end up having to look like a try hard hipster, at least in most cases.

THIS

I really have no problem with the hippie, maybe chic appeal as long as the attitude and lifestyle matches. Not to say rich = higher end scale designers, etc but it's a joke seeing rather well off people in rags for the purpose of looking 'unique', more so if your paying big bucks for those seemly looking "I just got out of bed" style. Why pay so much money for a designer piece and make it look like your a hobo? I just don't see the logic...

... But on the end of spectrum, many people, including myself shop at such such retailers like H&M and Zara for more of the 'fashionable' items at a much lower coast. I guess my problem lies between the fact that people *cough MKA cough*, pay huge amount of money for clothing and end up having to look like a try hard hipster, at least in most cases.

High fives!

I agree one trillion percent. I hate all these girls trying to look indie and trampy. I had a posh girl ask me where I got my revoltingly disgusting trainers the other day and offer to buy them off me. They're held together with chewing gum and gaffa tape, and the reason is because at work, the floors are disgusting so I'd rather just have one disgusting pair of trainers I use for dj'ing, and not ruin any more trainers. The fact that someone thought they'd have to pay for this 'shabby chic' as they put it made me baulk. If I had that money, I'd be head to toe in Gareth Pugh and Mcqueen!

Nerdy glasses. I had a hipster ask for my BCs from when I was in Navy boot camp. I'm sorry, but those glasses have a reputation for being horrendously ugly, since when did they become a fashion statement?

Not me, btw. But here's a picture of what the glasses look like:
82313681_da1914ffce_o.jpg

allmilitary.com

Oh, and also dressing in wool hats and leg warmers and wearing layers when it's 90 degrees outside. That's just weird.

exposed bra straps. -_-
GIRLS it's not SEXY to have your undergarments peeping out if your tanks! I just want to slap them on the face and rip out those exposed straps.

Sequins.

Well, I do love sequins, but they are everywhere.

LABEL BAGS. 99.9% of the time people with label bags (at least in my neck of the woods) are actually carrying fakes and they want everyone to think they are carrying real ones. Whatever happened to a classic, classy bag of really high quality that can't be placed to one specific season? Even Coach has some! If you want to brag about the brand of your purse, brag about one like that--not one that screams "label wh*re."

:angry:why in the world do some girls wear uggs in the summer? actually, why do they still wear them? :yuk::sick:

that erin wasson way of putting your hair into a messy bun on the top of your head, i hate it soo much.

I wish most men would make some sort of an effort when they dress but they don't:rolleyes:

I've had this conversation with my boyfriend so many times, but he always reverts back to jeans and a t-shirt. I might have to take matters into my own hands and make him go shopping! ^_^

- the leggings as pants craze....
- vintage clothing in poor condition (YUK!)

that is all...for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roller69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->