High Waisted Jeans #2

Reaction score
Moderator's note:
  • In order to improve site performance, long threads that are draining our loading time will be closed and we are going to be periodically starting new threads. This should help pages load faster.
  • Please remember that not everyone is on a fast connection, or has a large screen, and keep your picture sizes to 800 pixels or less in the largest dimension. This will also help with page load speed.
  • Please remember to stay on topic... All off topic discussion will be removed.
  • Please do not power post e.g. make empty posts with no info/questions/images - Empty posts cause threads to grow rapidly and is a nuisance to those who subscribe to many threads. Please take any private conversations to PMs or Profile Comments.
  • To view old thread(s) please use search function.
Thank you.

I have some that are really cute

Last edited by a moderator:
I have actually never seen a decent pair of high waisted jeans in person. I think jeans would be less comfortable if they were high waisted. :unsure:

^ i agree. i occasionally see a celebrity pull it off in pictures but any other time it screems soccer mom to me.

well you have to pair anything off with the right garments, but I've always found high waisted jeans were more comfortable because you don't have to pull them up all the time and I've never liked how the low riders accentuate the width of your hips. It's seems a little easier to control visual proportions with higher waisted styles.

I think they can be very flattering...even skinny high waisted jeans..it all depends what you wear them with..i think a nice blousy top and heels and nice accessories and your good to go...it also depends on the shape of ur body as well...

At least for my body shape, high waisted jeans are a life-saver. I'm naturally really skinny except my body likes to put anything extra in my stomach area. High-waists definitely hides what low-cut jeans would allow to spill over. I think, you can sum it up like this: different jeans for different genes. ;-)

I find them very comfortable too, even more confortable then the low-rise jeans.

i love high waisted, wide leg jeans. im wearing a pair of jbrand eve jeans with a black short sleeve turtleneck and platform boots. i feel really even-proportioned when i wear them. plus, im a sucker for '70's style pants/jeans

I can't wear low waist jeans either. They are very unflattering on my body type. I'm short but have a long torso and low waisted jeans look really bad on me. I don't wear just under the boob Steve Urkel trousers or jeans, but a higher rise does look much better on me.

I'm going through the old thread for brand suggestions, but does anyone have any recommendations for non-skinny jean high rise jeans?

Do they ever make your stomach areas look bigger than they should? :ermm: That's why I've stayed away from them: big mid-section.

untitled2_vefiy_7881.jpg

-styleguru.com
acne+lead.jpg

-thebrightersparks.blogspot.com

I'm not convinced....

I like the last 2 darker washes in the first picture. I think they can be pulled off in darker colors considering they slim, and high waisted jeans probably don't fit like a button on all people anyway.

I also find high waisted jean more comfy. I find that they suit short tops better...

I think that it is a 'love it or hate it' trend.
Personally, i believe that high waisted jeans can make an outfit look fabulous if they're worn properly and kitsch if they get conbined with the wrong things.

I love this trend, although it's nearly impossible to find a good looking pair.

The gap just introduced their skinny jeans (which are great btw) in a higher waisted version. I'm going to try a pair and report back.

I almost always wear high waisted jeans, but I never tuck my top inside them. I wear a long top so it doesn't look like I'm wearing high waisted jeans. I think they make my legs look longer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->