Trends We Love...

I struggle to be fond of pom poms, but I am somewhat liking tassels. They aren't for graduation caps anymore! :smile: Yep. There are attempts to try to make tassels chic. I actually don't mind these.

* Cherry Cola Lips (A more subtle version of red but still dark)
* Fur Pom Key Charms I just bought one...SOOO Cute! ^_^
* Windbreakers
* Cat Eye Sunglasses
* Faux Leathhher!!!

Gorgeous leather loafers (alla Tods and Gucci)
Distressed Denim (no matter what I love it)
Lace up Tunics
Crisp basics
Crossbody bags!

It seems like embroidered denim is trendy of late. Maybe not as trendy as the off-shoulder look, but I do adore seeing embroidered jeans and stuff.

Allow me to nominate lace up flats to this discussion. I am talking about the slip-on flats that have some lace-up elements to them. I'd say these are flats to wear if you adore flats but want to wear some flats with a little character. To that end, I don't think you can be disappointed with lace-up flats.

dailymail.co.uk

Givenchy and McQueen, it's a calling.

^^^That photo disturbs me.

I'm liking a lot of lace recently, particularly when it's used on non traditional items like tee shirts and tunics. I recently got an outsized lace tee and I absolutely love it.

-corduroy
-velvet
-jumpsuits and pantsuits (except bodysuits, those are meh for me)
-ribbons
-pink hoodies (of any and all shades) for men
-just above the ankle socks
-body jewelry
-unisex fashion
-& not sure if these are trending but scrunchies are nice, even though I never wear them

Trump's Ties
[imgalb]duIyq[/imgalb]
SlantedGooch at Imgur

I usually don't like most of trends, I guess I'm kinda noncomfomist... But I LOVE unisex clothing (when not taken to the extreme) and velvet :heart: Even tho I feel like velvet trend is going to fade as quick as in 2005 :x

Am I imagining things, or was there a small trend in the 00s that sprung from all sorts of medical garb? I swear I remember seeing items from Helmut that looked like wrist & elbow bands, something from D & G that looked like a back brace, and something from Gaultier that looked like a surgical apron. I thought that was pretty cool, but I was early 20s and just picking up on designer garb, so what did I know?

Multi-plaid shirts..even this hideous creation from TopMan. By the Grace of God, I will own something from Junya in this style..someday. (src: Nordstrom)

_101304071.jpg

Am I imagining things, or was there a small trend in the 00s that sprung from all sorts of medical garb? I swear I remember seeing items from Helmut that looked like wrist & elbow bands, something from D & G that looked like a back brace, and something from Gaultier that looked like a surgical apron. I thought that was pretty cool, but I was early 20s and just picking up on designer garb, so what did I know?

I remember that too, I remember bandaids, first aid kit etc
last year didn't we have the pill bag or something like that?:doh:

Prada did blue shirts and shirts in denim for men shaped like scrubs a few years ago. Also saw some ads for Philo's Celine where black shirts look influenced by scrubs.

Love the patchwork, eugenius :cool: Same here

on the street in melbourne: chunky mohair. wide-sleeved sweaters. wide-leg jeans. kids running around with self-cut mullets c1982. white rigid denim. orange-red. statement belts. Straight medium weight maxi dresses and skirts. eighties minimalism. modernist jewellery. 90s kitsch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amywhiffen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->