Trends You Are Sick Of...

Moderator's Note:

* In order to improve site performance, long threads that are draining our loading time will be closed and we are going to be periodically starting new threads. This should help pages load faster.
* Please remember that not everyone is on a fast connection, or has a large screen, and keep your picture sizes to 800 pixels or less in the largest dimension. This will also help with page load speed.
* Please refrain from posting the same images as contained in the archived threads (eg in the old closed thread).
* Please remember to stay on topic... All off topic discussion will be removed.
* Please do not power post eg make empty posts with no Info/questions/Images - Empty posts cause threads to grow rapidly and is a nuisance to those who subscribe to many threads. Please take any private conversations to PMs or Profile Comments.
* This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]116701[/split]

Thank you.

What do you think about the trend for neon clothes and accessories?

What do you think about the trend for neon clothes and accessories?
I think that although these clothes are eye-catching, it is difficult to create a good style with them, which is why it is easy to make a fashion faux pas.

It's not really a trend, but it's something i really have a bit of a problem with. again and again.
When a brand/store/alltimefavorite changes it's look & the result is even more dated than the older signature look.

Best example right now: this forum. Call me nostalgic or stubborn, i miss the old design even it was was not perfect at all, but way more inviting to engage.

^ you can change it to the old design! it won't look exactly the same but it makes navigation much easier and you'll probably end up appreciating the new change (makes tfs faster imo). You just need to scroll all the way down and click on the left corner ('style choose')-:
layout.jpg

... white socks with moccasins. It's been too long, just give it a break, it looks gross and makes your legs look shorter and chunkier and 90% of the time it's girls with legs that are already a bit like that so you're not helping yourself!
... the overly sexualised 'ethereal' Catholic aesthetic with bows, crosses, mini white dresses, the occasional shot of a church in some village in Italy/Spain/Portugal next to another shot of a comb next to light pink underwear and a Virgin Mary altar.. :rollingeyes:.. basically what Lana del Rey did TEN years ago, just.. have a bit of personality, it's okay to not comply with an instagram uniform some time.

... the overly sexualised 'ethereal' Catholic aesthetic with bows, crosses, mini white dresses, the occasional shot of a church in some village in Italy/Spain/Portugal next to another shot of a comb next to light pink underwear and a Virgin Mary altar.. :rollingeyes:.. basically what Lana del Rey did TEN years ago, just.. have a bit of personality, it's okay to not comply with an instagram uniform some time.

Virgin Suicides core!

Anytime adults try really hard/earnestly to pull off "innocent" schoolgirl looks, it gives me the heebie-jeebies. How is a generation so obsessed with hyperaware of grooming and the impact of predatory behavior on children so obsessed, simultaneously, with these types of "aesthetics"

I've been thinking 80's in general but I think it's more ppl's interpretation of the 80's. There's other ways to go about it.

Virgin Suicides core!

Anytime adults try really hard/earnestly to pull off "innocent" schoolgirl looks, it gives me the heebie-jeebies. How is a generation so obsessed with hyperaware of grooming and the impact of predatory behavior on children so obsessed, simultaneously, with these types of "aesthetics"
no.. this is more Monica Bellucci in Malena core. Dark hair, a tan involved, pretty much the below on repeat..
cath.jpg

.. but it is the same as what you mention and it IS gross: little girl underwear (like literally stuff we wear as underwear or basics like socks [w/ ruffles] when we're 8..) but in an 'ethereal', dream girl, highly sexualized way.

Frankly I don't know just how aware women in their late teens are these days, because I definitely leaned towards this aesthetic and other 'childlike' stuff at that age, mostly as a way to go against the 'bombshell' man-eater vibe most girls were trying so hard at the time, which can be overwhelming. I really wasn't thinking of men at all at the time lol. Once you get a little older though, it's a bit questionable just.. why you'd try so hard to hang on to that... and 15-20 years later, with whatever experience/wisdom comes from navigating sexism as an adult, you see that it IS totally rooted in this p*rn-influenced, predatory 40-something year old dude's imagination of women that are closer to childhood (and the obedient mind of a child) than adulthood, but still sexual enough for them.

Reactions: KoV
... white socks with moccasins. It's been too long, just give it a break, it looks gross and makes your legs look shorter and chunkier and 90% of the time it's girls with legs that are already a bit like that so you're not helping yourself!

LMFAO

On the positive side of that: Women with muscular legs that can be described as thicc look great, frankly. When I was 12yo I thought all the girls in high school that played lacrosse and field hockey looked the greatest. They all had thicc legs… And maybe that’s the appeal of someone like Anna Ewers, who has more of an athlete's built, although far from thicc. Maybe that’s what Ghesquiere also thought as well with his and MAS’s current aesthetic for Vuitton, with the flat footwear and thick socks. There’s something really sensual about women with very toned legs wearing more practical footwear instead of more man-eater footgear— even with white socks… An athletic musculature will never go out of fashion. When I became drawn to high fashion and models, there’s this completely different aesthetic standard that was beautiful, of course— but completely alien and everyone knew although much coveted, wasn’t attainable unless you were blessed with those lottery genes at birth. Classic models don’t possess the same proportions as the mere mortals: Smaller heads on longer necks; broad shoulders and longer arms and legs etc etc But that doesn’t neglect that the thiccer women who keeps to her discipline of training/diet can’t look great. (…Except for that poor individual born with that noticeably huge head.)

^ okay you're selling it calling it 'thicc' lol! I don't mean muscular and aspirational, I mean like...:rightwardspushinghand: -- :leftwardspushinghand:..or like an inverted triangle, you know how?

I feel like a real athletic musculature has never really been popular, and I wish it was!. Fashion's idea of an athletic built is in reality someone like Cindy Crawford or maybe Doutzen.. someone who really just comes from a healthy economy and doesn't look like she developed below the poverty line lol. Seeing the legs of ballerinas and how okay they are with visible front thigh muscles and protruding calves was quite a trip for me and took me a while to get used to but now I love it and think fashion and certainly the standards of modeling, would benefit from extremities that are also engaged in the creation of a photograph and doing all the amazing things they can do and not just there, hanging, while the body size/face/mom's last name alone is considered 'modeling'.

^^^ Oh Yay!

I get what you’re saying. Just like the terms "voluptuous" and "curvy" have deviated so so so far far far from what they once accurately represented LOL

Someone like Jill Kortleve is very much reminiscent of the high school athletes I adored. It’s just such a shame they rarely know how to style her for runway. And just like women that have a very muscular thicc frame-- someone like Serena Williams, is always horribly, even hilariously styled in publications that never showcase their bodies in the best light.

^ You're kind of making me feel better about myself. I'd definitely say I'm chunkier on the lower half of the body, and I often wonder whether I might have ruined my legs with weightlifting and cycling. Still on a journey to figure out what shoes, trousers, jeans, skirts suit me best...

Someone like Jill Kortleve is very much reminiscent of the high school athletes I adored. It’s just such a shame they rarely know how to style her for runway. And just like women that have a very muscular thicc frame-- someone like Serena Williams, is always horribly, even hilariously styled in publications that never showcase their bodies in the best light.
It's plain incompetence from these creative teams. They have made progress since the days of being unable to figure out black hair or skin, but styling and directing the models is still 100% based on one [relatively rare] body type. They can do wonders face-wise and pretty much turn any average/below average person into 'model material' but try bringing out their qualities through styling and movement and it always flops because they're not really studying what they have in front of them but subjecting it to the 'fashion model' ideal that only really goes back, what, 30 years?. It says a lot about their lack of education/curiosity in imagery, it's totally based off Vogue and the Supermodels when there's centuries of women captured in photographs/paintings with such a rich variety of 'aspirational' elements (grace, elegance, you name it). I thought a bit on that when they were trying to turn Selena Gomez into some fashion/style powerhouse and all of the pictures looked like a variation of this, like let's make sure she passes off as 5'11 and model-esque even though she's 5'5, and... why? how is the illusion of being so tall you can't even fit into a regular couch the only way a woman looks 'good'? lol, so silly.

Back to the socks, I'm aware this 'it makes your legs look chunkier!' can be compared to Vogue's 'gotta look 5'11 or you're screwed!'.. but I'm just talking about proportions, say, Emrata's super long torso and short legs or Natalia Vodianova's very short torso and long legs, or Gisele's waist-to-hip ratio- you can balance it out and it looks great.. and some things -like thick white socks with chunk platforms- just emphasize it and not for the best.

^ my SO picked up a bunch of new wardrobe items earlier this month, including several pairs of cargo pants he intends to wear to work (as a.... not a blue collar worker) and I had to bite my tongue. I've always hated this trend.

The cargo pants really only work as a wardrobe piece when they're not made in the typical fabric if you're not a blue collar worker. But you have to be the right kind of designer and wearer for that. All the students I see wearing cargo pants end up looking a full foot or two shorter. You can also hear a group of them from a far, with all that rustling fabric and hems slapping against each other.

Im so sick of trend ' I wear all black' - please - at the end each outfit looks everyday the same : <

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julovw
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->