Trends You Are Sick Of #3 (November 2010 - September 2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.
birkenstocks or any 'birkenstock type sandle'

wearing heels you don't know how to walk in

cheap looking chunky statement bauble necklaces that take over 1/2 your neck collerbone :doh:

Ombre hair. Why am I still seeing this?

crop tops

I don't hate this trend, but I get freaked out seeing eyes and eye prints. It's something that freaks me out, especially seeing multiple eyes adorn a certain garment or a certain accessory. There is just something creepy about having something adorned with eyes. Not even for Halloween would I be fond of seeing so many eyes on a garment.

Adidas swimming-pool shoes (with or without socks).... I just keep noticing them into streetstyle thingies and even in editorials....

Love those :D but def. Without socks!!!

I am sick of "oh I am so unique and daring and different blah blah" looks.

Also midriff tops are ugly.

Wedge shoes.

Pegged pants which I see everywhere on the street. Guys are the main offenders here.
Denim dungarees, usually short, with a crop top and bowling hat. I just feel like ripping it from their bodies, and make a huge bonfire to burn the lot into ashes!!!

^Hipster-ism is an old thing though isn't it? I think it evolves, but I doubt it will ever die:(

While I understand most of you, these answers you wrote made me think about myself and my style and also about how do you usually approach people who wear things you don't like? Do you automatically judge someone or keep a distance? Some of the things you mentioned were so incomprehensible like fluorescent yellow colour and denim jackets. Does it bother you when someone is wearing a trend that you do not like?

Also, how do you behave if people do not like the clothes that you are wearing? Do you get angry or you just don't pay attention to them?

^People wearing trends I don't like makes me sigh and think "Ah, youth today":mrgreen: I'm 22:lol:

That said, trends mostly bother me because there is no personality in it. Too many people look identical.

If you have confidence in what you are wearing, what other people think shouldn't matter (which is why so many teens dress alike, I think). Why would I take style advice from someone who dresses in a way that doesn't agree with me? I am assuming, of course, that if they don't like my style, that their own is very different. Style can be a reflection of your personality, and if they don't like it, we have bigger issues than what kind of sweater I am wearing:lol:

I would never approach someone negatively because I didn't like their style... I might tell a friend or family member to reconsider their look if I found it to be a disaster though, but out of love:smile:

But you know, complaining about hipsters is like complaining about the bad weather. We love it:wink:

Popular lately in more chic styles are double pearl chockers, especially made famous by the likes of Karl Legerfeld. I, unfortunately, don't like these chokers all that much. They aren't as beautiful as certain other statement-type necklaces. It is a classy piece of neck wear, but not beautiful. Get a layered pearl necklace or some other kind of chic necklace instead of these double pearl chokers.

Teaming Nike logo tennis socks with heels or just anything really. It just screams fashion victim to me, just slapping on whatever you see on tumblr or in editorials.

src: blackwhitestyle.ro

Attachments

• socks-and-sandals.jpg
    socks-and-sandals.jpg
    273.9 KB · Views: 6
  • e37d7e39a7c9783f2d68ff1d234c6f83.jpg
    e37d7e39a7c9783f2d68ff1d234c6f83.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 3
Ombre hair that's like extremely noticeable in a bad way. Like, dark brown or black roots with yellow blonde ends.

Non-gym outfits consisting of just Nike.

Undercuts.

Fried hair with obvious extensions. Ouch.

Orange lipstick.

girls dressed like we were in the 90s ... I think this is very 2013. Ahahah ...
i see sooo many of them in the Lower East Side.

oh and i forgot the girls and boys (they are never over 25yrs old) wearing lumberjack/tartan shirts around their hips.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->