Latex Leggings / Leather pants #2

what does everyone think of les chiffoniers' range?

I'm wondering if anyone has tried this look and regretted it? I'm still debating whether I do or not. Don't get me wrong: I love wearing my leather pants and I objectively think they look good, but the rest of the world clearly thinks otherwise.

For a couple of years, I wore mine regularly - even to my office twice a month or so [being very careful to dress them up]. My courage was bolstered by the popularity of the leather leggings look. But, at the end of the day, I just don't think our society is ready for leather pants in any sort of mainstream setting - especially for us guys. No matter how well they're made, how much they cost, if they're cut like dress pants, etc, it doesn't matter. In most people's eyes, leather pants are leather pants - period. All the runway shots on the planet won't erase the images of the village people, Ross from Friends, hookers, etc.

Soooo....I hate to be a quitter, but I've gotten tired of peoples' stares and their inability to look past stereotypes. Jeeeze...I spent a lot of money too, thinking that by wearing big names like Versace and Gucci, it would somehow be more legit in peoples' eyes, but again, not at all. I guess I could move to Germany...

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't move to Germany. Leather pants are not really embraced here either (unless you wear the ones they have in Bavaria at Oktoberfest but those have nothing to do with designer leather pants). Maybe Berlin is a little more open about fashion in general but Hamburg is definitely not. It's very conservative and 10 years behind fashion wise. I always get stares especially when wearing high heels or extravagant shoes in general. I do have a nice pair of Topshop Unique leather leggings and I never regretted that purchase because I just love them but I must also admit that I haven't gotten much wear out of them either. It's very daring to wear them on the street during the day even when trying to dress them down as much as possible. I wish I could move to a more fashion foward place .... sigh.

It's kind of amusing reading about everyone's experiences wearing these. I'm not sure if I would. I didn't give in when they first came out and I'm not sure I will cave this time around. It's something to think about...

Don't move to Germany. Leather pants are not really embraced here either (unless you wear the ones they have in Bavaria at Oktoberfest but those have nothing to do with designer leather pants).

Wow, I'm surprised to hear that. I've seen lots of men and women on German TV shows who were portrayed in regular work situations wearing leather pants as if they were just a variation of wearing jeans or dress pants. It would be like watching a typical North American drama [House, LA Law, or whatever] and seeing the lead wearing leather pants to the office. It gave me the impression that a lot of people wear them.

Really? Curious to know what kind of TV that were. Maybe reality differs from fiction. Like I said in Berlin it might be different.

Can anyone help me to locate red faux leather pants?Not too expensive..
Much appreciated!

i dont care what anybody else says i will always love love latex leggings..i have two pairs one from AA and another from alice and olivia and i love them and others love them on me

i dont care what anybody else says i will always love love latex leggings..i have two pairs one from AA and another from alice and olivia and i love them and others love them on me

Awesome. I've seen some ladies carry off the latex leggings look very well - I'm not sure why some folks have such an issue with them, but to each their own I guess.

Although it's not quite the same thing [leggings and pants], I love my leather pants and I'll keep wearing them too...but I might think twice about wearing them to the office from now on :smile:

I like them a lot. I can't seem to find a nice pair though, anybody know of any shops that have them at the moment?

i think its the whole leggings-as-pants look that people dont like. i wear my leggings with something that covers my butt..they arent pants, after all!

^^I agree with WonderfulTonight, leggings as pants are horrible but as long you cover up your hips and don't show your ankles I think leggings can be very comfortable and they can be pretty too

I don't mind leggings of any kind, as long as they cover the hips. The leggings as pants look is just... weird.

Don't move to Germany. Leather pants are not really embraced here either (unless you wear the ones they have in Bavaria at Oktoberfest but those have nothing to do with designer leather pants). Maybe Berlin is a little more open about fashion in general but Hamburg is definitely not. It's very conservative and 10 years behind fashion wise. I always get stares especially when wearing high heels or extravagant shoes in general. I do have a nice pair of Topshop Unique leather leggings and I never regretted that purchase because I just love them but I must also admit that I haven't gotten much wear out of them either. It's very daring to wear them on the street during the day even when trying to dress them down as much as possible. I wish I could move to a more fashion foward place .... sigh.

Here in Germany it really depends where you live. Normally you might think Bavaria should be very conservative but Munich fpor example is really not. Of course you get stares from other peaople, but why care about them? Some years ago I even got stares hen wearing just a black jacket. I think you get stares everytime, but you become more sebsitive when wearing special items (just because you think you mitght get stares).

But back to topic: some days I found some interesting looks from a guy living in Munich who also wears leather pants in a way I think I will also try:

4853145273_c3d4315f7b.jpg
4987875852_4c73970670.jpg

(flickr.com)

Leather pants are orgasmic!!!!:heart::heart::heart:
I don't like latex though. It looks cheap, it doesn't let the skin breath and you smell horrible after you take the pants off! :yuk:

Leather pants are orgasmic!!!!:heart::heart::heart:
I don't like latex though. It looks cheap, it doesn't let the skin breath and you smell horrible after you take the pants off! :yuk:

I agree. Leather pants are one of the greatest things I've ever discovered. I love them. It's a bit unfortunate that leather pants and latex leggings [not that I've ever worn those :smile:] got lumped together in the same subject on this forum. They're not the same thing at all.

I love leather pants, i have some thick black latex leggings too. But i do cover the booty with a top.

I miss wearing my wet look leggings, they arent toooo shiny though, they actually look more like leather!

Its waaay too hot right now to wear them though...unless i wanted sweat off like 50 pounds!

Leather-like leggings can spice up a simple look...Olivia Palermo is spotted often in the leather leggings. I really like this trend!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roller69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->