Trends You Are Sick Of #3 (November 2010 - September 2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so utterly and completely sick and tired of not being able to cast my eyes in any direction without being assaulted by the hideous ridiculousness and blatant lack of imagination or personal style that is the "urban goth" look. Yet they all believe they are the most underground, indie, ahead of their time fashion pack ever. If I see another leather tank or drop crotch pant I'm going to scream!

Bottoms with leather panels just don't appeal to me. Commonly, I've seen jeans that have these leather panels to them. I just don't like this combination, and that's even if these are black jeans with black leather panels. They don't look good to me at all. They are almost as bad as most acid-washed jeans, only that I'd take acid washed jeans as the lesser of two evils.

Street style
Athletic-inspired fashion
Nike running shoes as a fashion accessory
The sweatshirt as the ultimate fashion item

Booty shorts with the pockets hanging out
All the stupid ubiquitous fashion blogger poses (awkward lean and laugh, standing pigeon-toed, holding the hat while looking down, one-leg flamingo, crossing legs and staring at your shoes...)
Fashion blogger poses in the middle of the street, at a beach, in front of a brick wall, etc...

All the stupid ubiquitous fashion blogger poses (awkward lean and laugh, standing pigeon-toed, holding the hat while looking down, one-leg flamingo, crossing legs and staring at your shoes...)
Fashion blogger poses in the middle of the street, at a beach, in front of a brick wall, etc...
This is hilarious and so true! :rofl:

super short cut offs where girls practically wear them as undies (I just got back from some place warm so...)

Exposed zippers.
Semi-sheer shirt with contrast bra.
That spiky duckbill or rooster hair-do guys wear.

Big statement necklaces over fully buttoned up shirts or crew neck sweaters.

I think black shoes with smart denim jeans is on its way out now, I find its getting boring and very samey samey.

Men's skinny jeans really annoy me, I think they should have died off ages ago. Finally I think that's happening now in Britain.

The Hollister type brand of clothing drives me insane, there's way too much of it, especially in the spring and summer months. I'm hoping its gone this year.

Camo is also something that keeps trying to come back year after year. Honestly I think it died 10 years ago and I think it should stay that way too.

Dressing like a lumberjack or gothic ninja.
Both perfectly fine if it's your profession, otherwise please don't.

^ :lol: :heart:

Street style
Athletic-inspired fashion
Nike running shoes as a fashion accessory
The sweatshirt as the ultimate fashion item

ugh I was coming to post all of this! those hideous New Balances (I don't care if you got a limited edition model) that scream fashion victim get me all worked up, and of course the 'quirky', oh so high and low accent of the equally obnoxious Nikes.

Trainers, and all that athletic junk in general, very unexpected, now stop.

I'm also really fed up with the oversized and not so oversized boxy sweaters in pastel colors... (the stuff Marant still does and H&M puts out like daily bread).

"statement", look at me bags... we all know the names, brands and colors, you smell the need for 'credential' when you see it. Ugh.

Cropped tops. Especially when attempted to be done 'with class'. Pff..

Minimalism. What I need is minimal desperation...

Beanies. I know it's been cold but still..

Leather or leather-like pants. I can't believe people still wear them....

Late blooming gothness. If you didn't feel this at 16, it's not in you, and certainly not in 30 year old you.

(ah this felt good! :zorro:)

Last edited by a moderator:
^I think this - :sick: - is what you are looking for:P

Yes! Thanks.

And I know this is on the list but since I was reminded of it again yesterday: why isn't "grunge" over? The lumberjack look. Stop. Just stop.

I hate to see people wearing 3 or 4 different prints at the same time. Once I saw a girl wearing a floral bustier underneath a sheer polka-dot top, zig-zag striped leggings and leopard print snickers. Seriously, it looks gross.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->