Latex Leggings / Leather pants #2

mademoiselle_

Reaction score
Moderator's note:
  • In order to improve site performance, long threads that are draining our loading time will be closed and we are going to be periodically starting new threads. This should help pages load faster.
  • Please remember that not everyone is on a fast connection, or has a large screen, and keep your picture sizes to 800 pixels or less in the largest dimension. This will also help with page load speed.
  • Please remember to stay on topic... All off topic discussion will be removed.
  • Please do not power post e.g. make empty posts with no info/questions/images - Empty posts cause threads to grow rapidly and is a nuisance to those who subscribe to many threads. Please take any private conversations to PMs or Profile Comments.
  • To view old thread(s) please use search function.
Thank you.

I love them since they came out!! you can barely see, but well :P
2a0mhdi.jpg

moiself

Last edited by a moderator:
So this is what I'm wearing these are different than the other post
jk99i9.jpg

moiself

w8826c.jpg

there was a great pair in the emmanuelle alt thread here at tfs

mademoiselle - looks great!
(bytheway, I'm on my iPhone and can't really tell if that's a jean vest you are wearing or a jean and leather sleeves jacket?!)

I personally don't see the big deal about leather/pleather/pvc/etc pants/leggings.
A lot of you are talking about them as though they are some sort of wild, out there piece of clothing, some sort of huge fashion risk.
I have two leggings and two pairs of pants (my style is very rock n roll) so I see them pretty much as a regular black pant.
Though, I do see a lot of trendy girls/club girls wearing them just ALL WRONG, and it just looks hooorrrible.
You just have to know wharton piece them with, otherwise you can look quite cheap.

mademoiselle - looks great!
(bytheway, I'm on my iPhone and can't really tell if that's a jean vest you are wearing or a jean and leather sleeves jacket?!)

I personally don't see the big deal about leather/pleather/pvc/etc pants/leggings.
A lot of you are talking about them as though they are some sort of wild, out there piece of clothing, some sort of huge fashion risk.
I have two leggings and two pairs of pants (my style is very rock n roll) so I see them pretty much as a regular black pant.
Though, I do see a lot of trendy girls/club girls wearing them just ALL WRONG, and it just looks hooorrrible.
You just have to know wharton piece them with, otherwise you can look quite cheap.

I completely agree with what you're saying because it captures my personal feeling about leather pants [I'm wearing my leather Dolce and Gabanna's at work today, actually]. I wear them because I like the look and feel - end of story. However, the unfortunate fact is that for many people, a lot of people, the idea of someone wearing leather pants is just bizarre. And, you can multiply that by at least 5 times if you're a guy.

I'm basing the following on 4 years of wearing leather pants as part of my regular clothing, and *many* conversations that I've had, stares that I've received, etc, etc. I'm not suggesting that it's good science, but I don't think I'm too far off base. So here goes:

A high percentage of people in the 18 - 50 demographic see leather pants as being something only worn by celebrities, bikers or people on the fringe of what's "normal" in society [I put that in quotes because I'm not the one judging]. Therefore, if someone chooses to wear them, then there must be a reason for the choice - people don't wear leather pants "just because".

Following from that assumption, most people won't assume that it's for comfort, because in addition to many people already assuming that leather pants are hot, stiff, uncomfortable, Ross from Friends "proved" it to the millions of people who laughed themselves silly at this problems. And you would be amazed at how many people believe that what befell him was completely accurate. So comfort is out as a reason for wearing them, unless you've worn them yourself.

People also won't assume that someone is wearing them because they look good, because "everyone" knows that leather pants make you look like a hooker, if you're female, or a homosexual if you're a guy. And why would anyone choose to look like that? So if no one wears them for comfort or looks, they anyone who does wear them must be a wannabe rockstar or a fetishist - there's no other "good" reason in many people's worldview.

Where this all leads is that I *do* feel a bit brave when I walk into Starbucks wearing my leather pants because I don't see any other guys doing it. None, nada, zilch. And, I don't see to many ladies wearing them either. I'm not trying to take credit for changing society, but I think it does take guts to thumb one's nose at "the norm".

BTW: I'm a Canadian too - so it's great to know that there are others in North America who have a "what's the big deal" attitude :smile:

starryeyes they sound like my kind of leather trouser...

was the leg super skinny or just slim?

I wear black leggings only, I don't really like the colored ones, black is slimming too

I love the leather and wet look leggings, but the leather ones are definetly for those with a lot of confidence to wear, in the sense that the wet look/latex ones are so commonplace now but leather ones still aren't. Sometimes I feel a bit awkward wearing mine but other times I love them.

I really like the recent photos posted with them styled, you people have great style :smile:

666tubeamp -:woot: YES! I love you.
Your post was awesome, andpretty much exactly how I feel about leather/pleather/etc pants.
Hip hip hooray to you honey :wink:
The way I dress isn't "regular" or vanilla or like the average person ("safe" clothing, only sticking to trends - only wearing something once everyone else is wearingit and it's "okay" to wear it, etc) so I find it very unfortunate that most people feel that "oh only the celebrities can wear that, I can't".
What the eff kind of BS is that? That's really an odd way of thinking.
It's one thing if your style is just kind of bland and you just don't think you could pull something off, but to see a "celebrity" wear it and you think it's great, yet you can't? Because there's really a difference between us and them?
That's the thing. I know I could be one of em, they just happened to stumble into this celebrity lifestyle, so I never, ever hesitate to wear something, just because it's "out if the ordinary" for us non celebrities.
If you could stand out from the drab "ordinary people" and look fabulous and polished and glam, THEN WHY WOULDNT YOU?
:smile:

666tubeamp -:woot: YES! I love you.
Your post was awesome, andpretty much exactly how I feel about leather/pleather/etc pants.

Kat, given that you're Canadian and clearly have great sense of style, if I weren't already very happily married, I think I'd propose here and now :smile:

I bought this one yesterday, for 34 dollars. They look better on me, this photo is not good.

QRvxr.jpg

leader

hey guys, I was wondering if anyone could tell me where to find cool leather pants for men ? Ive been looking around but all i find is really big stuff with very ugly cuts not modern at all,
thanks!

hey guys, I was wondering if anyone could tell me where to find cool leather pants for men ? Ive been looking around but all i find is really big stuff with very ugly cuts not modern at all,
thanks!

A great question. There are actually lots of options, but many depend on budget. If the sky's the limit, I'd suggest Chrome Hearts or Ari Soffer, and don't look back :smile:

You might laugh, but I've gotten some great leather pants on ebay. The trick is to buy from reputable sellers who will stand behind their sales. Many people assume that *everything* on ebay with a name brand is a fake, but that's not the case. I've bought genuine Versace leather pants [if they're not real, I'd love to know why counterfeits would have genuine 14k gold rivets :smile:] as well as Ari Soffer and Dolce & Gabanna leather pants. The Ari Soffers and Versace's fit like 501's, only better, and the D&G's are cut like really fine dress pants. They're classy enough that I can - and do - wear them to the office.

i think topshop's unique ones from fall 2008 and balmain's ones for this season are the best i've liked

still on the lookout for the perfect pair to buy :(

After this thread went up again, I had to think of these pictures here (the right one:(

cheapmondayfallcollection3.jpg

(thefashionisto.com)

I think I'll give them a try ;-)

After this thread went up again, I had to think of these pictures here (the right one:(

I think I'll give them a try ;-)

They look nice. I had a look at their website and I noticed they refer to the pants as "fleather" [same for the ladies]. I take to mean they aren't real leather. Not an issue, but just thought I'd mention it in case you prefer to have genuine leather pants.

Thanks for mentioning it because I didn't read that far. Normally I would prefer genuine leather but for a first try this would also be okay. If it works I can still change to genuine leather.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->