Trends You Are Sick Of...

sick of quiet luxury but picking the pieces that everyone knows without a logo
For me there is such an overflow of the big brands and their big logos everywhere, that only niche high quality brands go in my cupboards.
Was walking around the center of Paris and mainly saw the same brands as any big town in the world.
I like to think that one can have a different look than millions of others.

Maybe said this already but nail polish on guys. I know the feeling of wanting to do it for the "glamour" but so often it just simply does not look good...

This could be mostly a local thing for Istanbul, but I am sick of seeing crop top puffer jackets. It just makes everyone look so uniform. Like people are perpetually are on their way to gym. Tbh I am bored to death with everything athleisure, yah I get people want to be comfortable when doing errands and what not. But it is all everywhere everyone wears. Bars, restaurants, galleries... I feel like as a city we are one step away from wearing pjs to street.

Using the word "reference" in place of "copying" bc of lack of originality. Referencing would mean you used x to support your point or new idea y, not using x to display x in place of your own ideas. Every time I look at something fashion related on insta or twitter or wherever there's so much "wow this is so good look at all the references" ? No one cares that you know about Alexander McQueen...

Absolutely sick of seeing granny loafers... and even more styled with socks :sick: Actually, I just remember how much I hate socks with sandals too, or socks sticking out of sneakers. Just don't do it.
Please someone kill the knee high pantyhose trend forever. Wore them as a teen during the Clueless era and it didn't take long for me to regret it. It still doesn't look so great.
Balaclavas, headscarves, anything that is making you look like a Russian grandmother will never be chic.

The old money trend is actually also vomit inducing. Wearing a sweater on top of your shoulders to appear rich? Really? But no, it's just the whole thing about wearing Chanel, Gucci, etc and the whole thing with emulating rich people by wearing tennis skirts, or sweater vests. Just no. I actually do not agree with any 'aesthetic' being a trend. Style is about having one's own aesthetic, not copying others'.

Last, but not least, the emerging skinny eyebrow trend. It made me cringe back in the 90s (I never plucked, no matter if everyone did) and it certainly makes me cringe even more now. I have to yet see in my life someone who looks better with skinny eyebrows, than with their natural full eyebrows. Natural eyebrows are always best.

Can not bear to see jeans worn with the waist half way down to the knees, or jeans with pre maid holes.
I remember a brand,that was sold with the two half cartidge shells that were said to have been used to make holes in them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roller69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->