Trends You Are Sick Of...

^And if it's a blazer, it always has the broadest of shoulder pads so the girlies look like line backers from behind :tearsofjoy:

Also I don't really like the current gay trend of the like femmed out Tony soprano larp with the wife beater and necklace

I came into this thread with a similar grievance, but it’s all millennial men who dress like Tony Soprano (or any characters from The Sopranos) without irony. There is an authenticity to Tony Soprano’s aesthetic: he’s a middle-aged man with no discernible style other than the designer clothes he drapes himself with to flaunt his wealth and a badass persona. The men who imitate his style are 33 year-old marketing executives with no character what so ever, not mafiosi.

The 'stealth wealth' look for men. You've seen it before. Crew neck t-shirt or polo in neutrals, loose-fitting linen trousers or chinos, maybe some Birks or leather loafers. Can we just call it what it is, BASIC? This used to be a staple for the most unimaginative and un-fashionable men and now it's an aesthetic. Outrageous! I blame shows like The White Lotus.

IMG_0620.jpeg

Fanny packs worn as crossbody bags. Hideous.

It's died down somewhat. I no longer see it as much. I have one and I only wear it to the public pool (to carry my keys, phone etc). It's practical.

Men's Style

It's died down somewhat. I no longer see it as much. I have one and I only wear it to the public pool (to carry my keys, phone etc). It's practical.
e

I think I just hate the trend because, personally, I feel the need to carry so much with me. Last fall I transferred to a bag with the following dimensions 9 1/2" (L) x 7" (H) x 4 1/4" (W) (yes, I looked it up) and it felt too small... but I am trying. I'm a purse person, I hate backpacks too. I'll use a tote bag if I must!!

^^ also can we talk about that fugly, cheesy, Disney-sponsored haircut on men? I’ve been seeing a lot of comments online like ‘omg I didn’t know the men in Sweden were this hot!’, the image? a bunch of finance bro types with that haircut, and the exact dress code you describe. What I didn’t know was that minions were on the rise!

^^ also can we talk about that fugly, cheesy, Disney-sponsored haircut on men? I’ve been seeing a lot of comments online like ‘omg I didn’t know the men in Sweden were this hot!’, the image? a bunch of finance bro types with that haircut, and the exact dress code you describe. What I didn’t know was that minions were on the rise!

The dreaded pompadour! :grinningwsweat: I wouldn't be caught dead with someone sporting such a haircut. :vomiting:
Wait until you see these 'bros' in their element - high-end restaurants/cocktail bars. Their behaviour alone is anything but 'sleath wealth'.

^^^ That’s all commoners’ trends tho, Benn. The commoners never possessed any style anyway. You know, people reminiscent on and on about how great the 90s were, how great the 2000s were… and the reality is that although the high fashion was great— the mass fashion were as cringe as how the trendy commoners are these days: The everyday guy with the centre-parted hair and boxy 3-button suit of the 90s… then the buzzcut with bootcut jeans and Ed Hardy graphic tees of the 2000s… I can’t decide which look is more gross when it comes to the variations of the beards: The pompadour with fade (and sometimes sheared hairline) and beard; that grosser stringy Duck Dynasty/Osama bin Laden beard; or the grossest amongst so-called trans-activist look: The bearded lady with a full face of gaudy makeup… Burn them all.

The pompadour with fade (and sometimes sheared hairline)

London fellas! :rofllaughing::rofllaughing:

The square little Telfar knock-offs, often in lime green, citrus yellow and Fuschia? I blame Bottega for boosting that trend.

I am absolutely sick of these high fashion brands trying to act all inclusive by featuring one or two token curvy models in their runway shows. I think it's even more ridiculous when it's the same one or two curvy models being booked for every show. Like you either do it properly and have a proper 50/50 mix of models or don't even bother at all with your fake 'wokeness'. Absolutely shameless.
Totally agree.

Late 90s and 00s revival in highly diluted form mashed with current trends. I love the era, though the worst things are brought back and made even worse.

Baguette bags

Athleisure

Oversize, men's cut blazers for women. Even worse if it's a leather one

Zoomer Fruits magazine copycats, especially if done by someone not Asian. I see girls mindlessy copying this style in my small city in Eastern Europe and it does look ridiculous.

Pettipants. Gross. I do not want to see that ESPECIALLY from the back.. whenever I see girls in them and think 'okay, warming up to it', they turn around and ew. It looks like the hungry butt of your 85 year old grandpa.

Completely unrelated to fashion, but I'm tired of the multi-colored LED lights used as home decor. I don't think it makes your place look stylish and/or seductive. If anything, it just makes it look like you're filming p*rn for OF. So dumb!

^ :lol:..

I would say the same but there's a guy at work (he's beautiful) that's kind of feminine and pulls this one off. I can't say I'm sick of this trend yet, I love it on guys. :ninja:

- people being pedantic about head to toe black, you can tell when someone's a natural, and you can tell when someone's a contrived fashion victim crafting carefully an all black image every morning and looking so calculated it's almost boring to even wonder what's going on in his/her head. Fake all-black looks, hate them!

I feel you as a lifelong goth I see them think they are a part of my tribe to only realize they are not. I thought I am the only one who noticed this glad I'm not. haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaykaystake
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->