Trends You Are Sick Of #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
im sick of vintage, everything is vintage these days.
You have a piece of clothing for more than a year sitting in your closet and all of a sudden its "vintage".

im sick of vintage, everything is vintage these days.
You have a piece of clothing for more than a year sitting in your closet and all of a sudden its "vintage".

Yeah, there's stuff I have kept from my teen years that I see being sold on e bay as vintage. Just because stuff is old, doesn't make it great!

everything american apparel - it is a HUGE trend here all of a sudden.. leggings, gladiator sandals and short shorts ugh

People who wear waisted belts on everything... Shirts, t-shirts, dresses, vest tops, tunics.... Alright, you have a middle. We get it.

The entire vintage-craze. I swear these kids in my school (well my school before I graduated) wear cheap-*** allergy-inducing 100% crappolyester stuff and always think they can get away by claiming that it is "vintage". It annoys me! There are some people who can definitely pull it off, but vintage is not an excuse for ****ty, cheap and granny-looking clothing!

I can't believe people actually think they can pass off grandma-ish hand-me-downs as vintage! :sick:
I love the sort of reworked, modern vintage especially with jewelry, but hand me downs??? Polyester??? :sick::sick:

^ even Target seems to have "vintage" now :/

I hate all the 80's references.

I love a good thrift store, but I hate how the recession has suddenly made thrifting trendy.

Leggings as pants and the urban outfitters hipsters get kind of old. Same with the geek thing. Luella SS '08 made that go everywhere.

guys and their bowties
getting sooo BORING. screams "tyring too hard". especially when they wear it with a cardigan.
i feel like Alber Elbaz should be the only one wearing bowties lol

plaid & buffalo check, leather fringe, feather headbands, cut off denim shorts over tights, destroyed denim with rolled cuffs paired with cage heels or gladiator wedges, nerd glasses, american apparel, urban outfitters, and anything hipster...

I'm sorry... I'm not really in love with Bermuda shorts. To me... they are capri pants, but not quite. I just never really liked them, though I've seen more Bermuda shorts worn on femmes. Now are they different from short-shorts or something like that? Sure. But you know my stance on paying respect to something just because it's different. A proper pair of shorts or capri pants (either below the knees or above the ankles) are better to me.

Staying with the theme of knees, I'm also sorry that I'm not loving over-the-knee boots. I know they've been praised a bit, but I'm not feeling the vibe on those. Still not.

that erin wasson way of putting your hair into a messy bun on the top of your head, i hate it soo much.
Me too. The girls at my school always take like a million billion years to make their makeup absolutely 100% perfect, they flat iron their hair, then they pile it in these hideous bobble-looking things on top of their heads. I don't get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessRW
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->