Personal Style Etc.

I am very, very much into knee length pencil skirts lately. I have a couple that fit wonderfully, which likely helps! I used to think they looked bad on my hips, but now heh, own it!

Right, you want to look of age to work.

When I was young, I looked young ... no striving necessary :wink: My solution when everyone thought I was a college intern was to frame my diplomas and slap them up on my office wall!

You guys, when I changed schools right before year 12 (last year of secondary/high school) I went to a posher school so they wanted to interview applicants. When I got there, they asked me whether I was going to year 7... so you know, I was 16 and they thought I was 11 or 12 :mrgreen: fun fact is, I was already as tall as I am now, like 5'9''!

^My friend and I were asked if we were over 15 yesterday... I am going to start putting om makeup again.

Right, you want to look of age to work.

When I was young, I looked young ... no striving necessary :wink: My solution when everyone thought I was a college intern was to frame my diplomas and slap them up on my office wall!

Exactly:lol:

^ hahaha! I was at Disney this summer with my two small cousins (3/6yo) and going on the tea cup ride. The person before letting us on, looked at the two of them then looked at me and asked me if I didn't mind telling her my age. Turns out kids under like 10 aren't allowed on rides without an 18 or + adult and she thought I wasn't... (I'm 24)
But I don't mind I still feel 18 in my mind ^_^

i'm thinking about retiring a pair of aldo moto booties...
i've repaired them multiple times now but i think they have just reached the stage that they should just go...
they aren't even comfortable anymore cause they have gotten all stiff...
:ermm:...

which means that i will have no plain flat black moto booties again...
:doh:...

maybe i will just keep them until i find a new pair?
or maybe if i keep them i won't really look for a new pair?

hmmm...
decisions, decisions...lol

^_^

thanks mon cher...
i think that's what i'm gonna do~!

^_^

today i wore my yohji knitted strapless dress...
with some converse black and white structured flip flops from the 90's...
the flip flops reminded me immediated of what yohji recently sent down the runway...
sporty sandals w. geta socks...that sort of thing...

so that turned out to be a really good pairing and a very good outfit to wear in the sweltering heat and humidity w. a good chance of rain...

yattah!!

:P

yesterday i wore an outfit that i have had in my head for years, but i only finally got all the pieces together...
phew!

it was totally awesome and i'm really glad, because now it won't haunt me like it used to~!
:lol:...

:clap:

yesterday i wore an outfit that i have had in my head for years, but i only finally got all the pieces together...
phew!

it was totally awesome and i'm really glad, because now it won't haunt me like it used to~!
:lol:...

:clap:

Yesterday I finally wore an outfit I fell in love with in 2007 so I know how you feel :P

phew!
at least i'm not the only one~!

yay!

I find it a bit worrying that my style is completely unrelated to the image I will have to project once I finish my degree and enter the corporate world. I like clothes that look old, well loved and are very casual and anti-power dressing. Maybe it is a sign the corporate world (and its values) is the wrong place for me...

^ I think you could have a point :wink:

I really think it's possible to bring a bit of yourself no matter the dresscode. But having worked in the corporate world my entire adult life, I can tell you it has nothing in common with paradise :wink: Are you planning to get some experience and then open your own practice?

^ I think you could have a point :wink:

I really think it's possible to bring a bit of yourself no matter the dresscode. But having worked in the corporate world my entire adult life, I can tell you it has nothing in common with paradise :wink: Are you planning to get some experience and then open your own practice?

I get exhausted just thinking about having to decide what job I want, job hunting etc... There are too many factors...

Well, nothing's permanent :flower: You do set a direction with the choices you make, but you can change it later. Everything is experience. The important thing is to not become mired in fear that you can't make a major change if you want to. And it certainly doesn't hurt to have some FU money saved up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eneida
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->