Trends You Are Sick Of...

Never have I been crazy over jean shorts, but I am not feeling the combination of bodysuits with jean shorts, especially and including cutoff/distressed jean shorts. Not hot at all to me.

I am absolutely sick of these high fashion brands trying to act all inclusive by featuring one or two token curvy models in their runway shows. I think it's even more ridiculous when it's the same one or two curvy models being booked for every show. Like you either do it properly and have a proper 50/50 mix of models or don't even bother at all with your fake 'wokeness'. Absolutely shameless.

ive grown to really really dislike cropped tops of any kind and high waisted clothing in general.

Yes! I hate crop tops. I don't get the appeal of them as everyday wear.

Also I recently saw a Dazed & Confused article about how bringing back the y2k trends like micro mini skirts and crop tops seems to also be bringing back the size 0 trend

Ah, I’m the opposite re: crop tops and high-waisted pants. One of my favourite trends, but I think only because it complements my figure the most, am 5”8’ but with a long, muscular torso and bigger backside. Will continue wearing it even when it’s over. The blazer trend as well I’ve embraced but have been wearing blazers since late teens, at that time would get weird looks and comments from people…

The word ‘na’ is very tacky. Easily dismissed in my world.

this entire y2k sh*t i hated it the first time around as a teenager (ed days when any girl whose thighs touched was called "fat" or other synonyms as an insult), hated the bling everywhere, still hate it now. The young are welcome to it, it's a young person's trend anyway.

Also hate the running sneakers trend. They have such an ugly silhouette, if you're going to use trainers as a fashion shoe then classic ones like Blazers/Gazelles/Puma Suedes have a streamlined look that's much more in harmony with any non-altheisure stuff. (I'm talking about the fashion houses trying to make their cost-cutty glued-together overpriced versions of these into a thing btw, you know all the fashion victims streetstyle influencers are all over them only for that reason).

Feel free to cancel me this Pride month, but I'm really hating on jockstraps. If you play competitive sports, fine...wear 'em as God intended. But any other reason...fuggedaboutit.

And seeing them being sold w/ that gold Medusa logo doesn't help.

Water shoes, I live in monsoon central so totally get their practical value but if you don't live in a rainy area, it's just sweaty and gross and not 'cool streetwear thing'.

Bleached eyebrows omfg. I will admit I did that once in undergrad as an experiment but like it is so f*cking cringe people are actually doing that and walking around. It is such fashion victim behavior it makes me panic

^ I respect it if done with conviction i.e. the no-eyebrows thing remains for a while and isn't just following a trend (here is where I admit I once did it too, just out of curiosity since I knew it would grow back in five minutes, my eyebrows are more Frida Kahlo than 90s Kate). It's fine on student-age people, that's when they experiment anyway.

I've been sick of the peak y2k look - all those logos and side cutouts - for two years now. Thankfully cutouts seem like they're dying though maybe the high street could have used some common sense and not put out a load of polluting fabric pieces that have a large and conspicuous design feature that is unflattering and which no one of any size was going to wear three months later when they're no longer the hot trend of the season.

oh and speaking of logos....that stupid huge ACNE logo always ruins an otherwise quite lovely checked scarf.

Bleached eyebrows omfg. I will admit I did that once in undergrad as an experiment but like it is so f*cking cringe people are actually doing that and walking around. It is such fashion victim behavior it makes me panic

I'm surprised this is a thing now. Pat McGrath was doing it for shows and editorials like 10 years ago (along with shaved brows), I'm not sure how it suddenly became mainstream now. I think people do it to look more "high fashion", I've noticed now red carpet style is more daring and everyone is trying so hard to look like some savvy daring fashionista (or fashionisto?) but often come off as campy fashion victims.
That's a trend I hate, it seems like everyone is trying to outdo each other for social media clout.

Oversized blazers, the kind that make people look like they pinched one made for people much larger than them, it looks ridiculous with the shoulder of the blazer sloping inches away from the dent showing where the wearer's shoulder is! Been sick of them for some years now.
best-oversized-blazers-284300-1649434195986-main.1200x0c.jpg

image source: whowhatwear.com

^ can't stand them either.. the black leather ones, but especially the 'effortlessly' classy camel ones:
coatcap.jpg

Add to that the fashion victim baseball cap with a logo (Marant, Celine).. oh my god, just.. burn in hell.

That takes me to the 'clean look': it's been 5 years already, MOVE ON! it's beyond me why someone would look in the mirror and be like 'umm.. now I'm going to grab my hair with a claw clip and wear my gold, thick hoop earrings'. Great. You might as well add the 2016 choker...

And finally, the influencer 'old money' aesthetic :lol:.. you have someone who's literally ORANGE, with some cheaply dyed, extra blonde hair, PALE PINK lipstick (!!!), contouring, lip fillers (in the worst cases), and a bunch of logos (I don't care if it's Chanel: still a logo). That's not old money, that's GOP money: Fox News anchor, housewife of some Florida congressman/lobbyist, etc.

*eta: wait I can't believe I forgot this now that I made all the effort lol: this freaking vest! nothing screams 'slave for trends' than the sweater vest whose evidence of ever wearing you'll want to burn in like 2 years:
80298110_0004_m4.jpeg
[urbanoutfitters]

That whole look (again, 'the clean look', the white bottoms) just.. be gone. Get some personality.

Last edited:
^ can't stand them either.. the black leather ones, but especially the 'effortlessly' classy camel ones:
Add to that the fashion victim baseball cap with a logo (Marant, Celine).. oh my god, just.. burn in hell.

That takes me to the 'clean look': it's been 5 years already, MOVE ON! it's beyond me why someone would look in the mirror and be like 'umm.. now I'm going to grab my hair with a claw clip and wear my gold, thick hoop earrings'. Great. You might as well add the 2016 choker...

lol I will give up the claw clip when I die but then they've been my default way to tie my hair back since 2003 (it's the only thing that gets my hair to stayy in a bun within seconds) so I think I've earned the right to say that! The post-Jacquemus trendiness of the claw clip with the accompanying "effortless" look is an actual eyesore, though, probably because... it's like a shorthand for 'I have no actual taste or personality'.

*eta: wait I can't believe I forgot this now that I made all the effort lol: this freaking vest! nothing screams 'slave for trends' than the sweater vest whose evidence of ever wearing you'll want to burn in like 2 years:
View attachment 1227679
[urbanoutfitters]

That whole look (again, 'the clean look', the white bottoms) just.. be gone. Get some personality

I think the specific iteration we're both sick of is the one you posted in the photo - the thing is supposed to be a layer, wearing that type of knit on its own like a tank top in the American sense just looks like the wearer forgot to put on their other clothes first. (same for wearing these over t-shirts, it looks sloppy and pointless). I don't mind being the cranky old lady who doesn't get youth fashion, but then I was clear-sighted enough to know early 2000s fashions were ugly when I was actually still a teenager, so I think the present-day assessment of 'this particular Gen Z trend is a pointless, chaotic eyesore' is valid as an observation.

Bucket hats dieeeeee already please, they make anyone look like they've taken a 50 point drop in IQ.

They're acceptable on small children or at the beach or from youth-focused fast fashion brands but too tainted by association with idiots scrambling for Tiktok attention, I saw a recent campaign image for the ZegnaxThe Elder Statesman collab* that featured a bucket hat and I physically flinched. I know it's nice to be young and hip but coming from high-end brands, this was the fashion campaign equivalent of that Steve Buscemi "how do you do, fellow kids?" meme.

*(another trend that needs to die, after Dries x Christian Lacroix no one did it well)

• the "old money trend" where 99% of the stuff seems like a parody of the wealthy rather than what the wealthy actually wear. also the influencers who do this trend often criticise those who follow different trends and say the "old money style" indicates class and intelligence...perhaps what truly "old money" people wear does, but not what these influencers do. also its very ugly sometimes
  • the flare leggings. sometimes it can look good, but a lot of times, its cut strangely and tapers in a weird way so the wearer's leg looks disproportionate
  • wolf cuts/overly shaggy hairstyles. most ppl who try them cannot pull them off

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaykaystake
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->