Trends You Are Sick Of #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crocs - who the EFF invented them and WHY? :yuk: :yuk: :yuk:

It makes me laugh how crocs are diversifying into 'normal' shoes. Why polish the turd? They should just revel in the awfulness they have created.

Hunter wellies :sick:

I see girls wearing them with designer dresses when going shopping in the city...when it's not raining. Really, it amazes me how any kind of wellingtons could become a trend. But just because Kate Moss and Sienna Miller wore them to some festivals girls here treat them like some designer must have item. It's just disgusting.

Crocs - who the EFF invented them and WHY? :yuk: :yuk: :yuk:

yes yes YES
especially winter crocs:
mammothcroc.jpg

davidprada.com

BIB NECKLACES!! GET OVER IT OLIVIA PALERMO.

and *gasp* how can you be sick of wedges?

I'm sick of those long, droopy cardigans, the kind without any buttons. I think they're called "waterfall" cardigans? Those have to go. The go-to outfit of every girl in town seems to be that style of droopy cardigan (usually belted, sometimes not) over a tank or tee, skinny jeans, and either boots or strappy sandals.

And while I'm on the subject, people do realize that skinny jeans aren't the only style of jeans available, right? Or have I missed something? Maybe it's just me...

Lastly, I'm weary of short shorts, especially denim. Enough! There has to be something better for summer than tatty old cut-offs!

I agree with the drapey vests. I don't like those. Look really off to me.

Rompers. Almost every one has a version and people are wearing them like a onesie. It's like you didn't want to take the time to get dressed and just threw whatever on with a jacket.

Skinny jeans. They are getting tighter and skinnier by the minute. It looks like everyone has spray painted half of their bodies. I am sticking with the straight legs and boot cuts. They look more modest and more flattering on other body types.

Leggings with skirts. This trend is being exhausted and needs to go back into the vault for a very long time.

I'm sick of those long, droopy cardigans, the kind without any buttons. I think they're called "waterfall" cardigans?

YES. I hate waterfall cardigans! They're so hideous and yet everyone wears them... why?! On a similar note, I hate these kind of vests that Topshop call "swing crop" vests, which are in a similarly droopy shape. Yuck!

04U59XWHT_large.jpg

13G34XLGY_large.jpg

Other trends that I hate:
- Jeggings. Why oh why? They're so disgusting, especially when people often get VPL when wearing them, and also because everyone things that they can wear them as trousers! No!!!)
- Wearing a lace vest and then a bra of a contrasting colour underneath so you are purposefully flashing your underwear. It's such a cheap look.
- Breton stripes. I feel so sad writing that, but the whole look has become overdone to the point that it is just boring. I'm not going to be giving up my beloved Petit Bateau Breton top, though!
- Wearing oversized corsages in your hair. It never looked good in the first place.
- Bodycon skirts from Topshop/Primark. Boring...

i agree with what many people have said before me in this thread.... when i walk around the city and all i see from 'fashionable' twentysomething girls are:

skinny jeans/skinny black pants
&
white basic t-shirts (especially cropped ones!)
&
ray-ban lookalike sunglasses
&
gladiators/sneakers

worn together... i mean it looks great, okay, we get it, but please, can you just wear something else for a change? can you be a little more creative? please? thank you.

plaid shirts (lumberjack shirts)

most of them are:
- omnipresent (they make interesting combinations with other cloths nearly impossible)
- hurtful to my eyes (especially if there are groups of 3+ people wearing diff ones)

There is a reason why certain patters were invented to be for the lining (Burberry, Barbour…), so stick to classic dress shirt patterns.

Flip flops. I hate them. Even in summer I don't think you should wear them. If you are not at a pool or on sand please, just invest in some nice leather (or faux leather if you are vegan) sandals.

I remember the first time I saw my friend wearing crocs...I asked him why he was wearing gardening shoes. hahahah
They're so ugly.

Also....it's getting to the point that rompers are being overdone.
I don't think people realize that it's not meant for everyone's body type and that they look better when accessorized, not merely thrown on..... :P

Flannel shirts

Wayfarers

The head to toe 80's thing (does no one else realize that it was a hideous decade in many ways? DON'T recreate it).

Velvet (I can't help but think of curtains).

Baseball caps on sideways or at weird angles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->